Hi thanks for your interest in our website. We believe in being transparent about what data we collect and how we use it. We believe that our policies and procedures are compliant with current and future NZ Privacy Laws, however, we may update our policy and this page at any time without additional notice being given. If we do update this page, we will update the “Last Update Date” date.
If you have questions (or issues with our site), you may wish to contact us
Last Updated: December 2020
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.lapptoft.co.nz/ The publisher of this website is Lapp & Toft.
What data we collect and why we collect it
In general, you can visit our website without providing any personal information. We usually collect information when you contribute or engage in any of the following parts of our website;
Contact Forms & Newsletter Sign Up
If you contact us via the contact form on our website, we will collect and store the data you’ve supplied in a secure server environment and we will also pass this data through various “cloud” servers and services in order for it to reach the intended recipient, so that they can receive your message and reply accordingly. You may also be prompted to join our newsletter and if you do so, we will collect and store the information you’ve provided, for marketing purposes.
We only set these if you login or interact with our site by leaving comments.
Embedded content from other websites
Analytics & other diagnostics
This site utilises multiple analytics and diagnostics services to help us to improve the overall experience for all users. All information is anonymized before storage and processing begins.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service. It is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”. These are text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google Analytics cookies are stored based on Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analyzing user behavior to optimize both its website and its advertising.
Objecting to the collection of data
Demographic data collection by Google Analytics
This website may use Google Analytics’ demographic features. This allows reports to be generated containing statements about the age, gender, and interests of site visitors. This data comes from interest-based advertising from Google and third-party visitor data. This collected data cannot be attributed to any specific individual person. You can disable this feature at any time by adjusting the ads settings in your Google account or you can forbid the collection of your data by Google Analytics as described in the section “Refusal of data collection”.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not market to children under the age of 13 years old.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us by using unsubscribe links, or advising us directly
Server log files
The website provider automatically collects and stores information that your browser automatically transmits to us in “server log files”. These are:
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
- IP address
We take our customer’s data seriously and have secured this website with SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, that encrypts sensitive information transmitted between your computer and our website servers.
Any information you do provide (for example; your address, phone number, name and email address when creating an account) will never knowingly be sold or passed on by us to any third parties. We hold all data in the strictest of confidence, on a secured server. For additional security, we encrypt some sensitive information such as passwords.
In terms of any online payment system, if one exists on this site, we do not have access to, nor do we store or retain any of your Credit Card details, since all of our payments are processed off-site through a heavily encrypted payment gateway.
We take measures, including data encryption, to protect the transmission of all sensitive end-user information. We make reasonable efforts to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party ‘hackers’ from illegally obtaining this information. We take all reasonable measures to prevent such breaches of security, but given the resourcefulness of cyber-criminals we are unable to guarantee that our security is 100% breach-proof. You assume the risk of such breaches to the extent that they occur despite our reasonable security measures
Who we share your data with
We do not knowingly share your data with any unauthorised third party.
We may share your data across our team members (and this includes our trusted third party service providers) purely to provide the product(s) and / or service(s) you have requested, or to provide the best experience for you on the site.
Members of our team may have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and;
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information;
- Submitted form information and comments.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
How long we retain your data
Data is retained indefinitely. This is so we can provide the appropriate services.
Where we send your data
If you join up to our newsletter or contact us, some of your information (e.g. name, email, location etc) will be transferred to our Newsletter Provider.
Data is typically sent / received / transmitted and stored “in the cloud” through e.g. our webhosting provider, cloud email / data providers (Google, Microsoft etc) and any other related 3rd party service provider(s) that we (or our trusted partners) have contracted with to supply services that enable us to run our business, perform our services, or deliver products and services to you that you’ve requested.. Such providers may be located in New Zealand, Australia, UK , USA – or elsewhere. In this regard, we expect and understand that such providers perform their duties securely, safely and in a manner that complies with the current and future NZ Privacy Laws.
- If any information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us to request that it be updated.
- If you decide not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide products and or services to you via the website and you will need to communicate with us via other means.
- If at any time, you wish to be removed from our newsletter or public areas of our site, you may request that and we will respect your wishes.
- You also have the right to request a copy of the information we have on record for you. You may also request that data be deleted.
- If you are an existing customer, you can close your account, subject to additional terms that may apply concerning the access and processing of your data.
General Website Terms & Conditions
1) By accessing this website, you agree that we, and those officially recognised as associated to or party to this website (hereinafter referred to collectively as “the publisher”) cannot be held responsible for any error, omission, fault or inaccuracy and shall not be liable for any loss or damage howsoever caused to any user / party.
2) All comments / contributions made by users to this website (either those with an account or not) in public areas (e.g. comments, testimonials, reviews etc) are the sole legal responsibility of the person posting them and may not reflect the opinion of the publishers.
3) The publishers reserve the right to amend, change, delete or modify as appropriate, any information or detail on one or all pages of this website (including, but not limited to, pricing, product description, quantity and availability, shipping options, comments or reviews by users) without notification, at any time.
4) All information, documents, photo’s, illustrations, pictures, images, and all media, words, ideas, trademarks, designs and concepts contained within this website shall remain the property and copyright of the publishers and may not be copied, duplicated, screen-grabbed, borrowed, hired, lent, linked to (via hyperlink), distributed, broadcast or used in any way, without express written permission. All Rights Reserved.
5) All trademarks, logos and materials belonging to any third party (whether expressly specified or not) displayed on this site, shall remain the property and copyright of the respective owning entity.
The information provided on this Website is intended for general guidance only. Users of the information contained on this website must make their own assessment of the suitability and appropriateness of the information described for their particular use and conditions.
To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- All warranties, representations and guarantees (whether express, implied or statutory) are excluded, including without limit, suitability, fitness for purpose, accuracy or completeness of this website or the content on, or accessed through, it; and
- You use this site at your own risk. In no event shall the publishers be liable for any damage or loss, arising out of your use or inability to use this website, or anything contained within it.
If you need any assistance, or would like clarification on any of the above, please contact us.